How to wash your hair extensions
Hair extensions don’t reguire a high level of maintenance, but cleaning your extensions regularly will keep them looking great longer. Read on for our guide to the best way to wash hair extensions.
Steps to Wash the Extensions:
- Start by brushing and combing your hair to remove any tangles.
- Mix half a cup of lukewarm water with a teaspoon of shampoo. We recommend using a shampoo that’s moisturizing and been specifically designed for dry hair.
- Place your extensions in to water and leave them to cleanse for no more than ten minutes.
- You can also gently press the extensions from the top down while gently working into the strands.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean running water, again working from the top down.
- Squeezing out any excess water and avoiding tangling the hair, lay the extensions out flat on a towel. Apply a conditioning treatment to the extensions.
- Rinse the conditioner out and apply a leave in conditioner.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and gently press the excess water out.
- Comb through the extensions and allow them to air dry.
- Style as usual.